Thursday, December 16, 2004

Love is blind

I've told quite a few people what happened.

Almost all of them asked the same questions:

Did you not spot the warning signs?

What on earth possessed you to give her another chance?

For quite a time I began to wonder whether my judgement was totally shot to pieces.

But when I talked about it with a counsellor the answer was so obvious. It had been staring me in the face all along.

I told my counsellor how everyone kept raising those points. I'd barely finished the "what on earth made you to give her another chance" question when my counsellor simply said:

"It's obvious. You loved her."

Oh how blind love can be. How could I have been so taken in by someone even my counsellor was moved to describe as "very nasty"?

Looking back on it, there were lots of things I should have spotted.

Maybe it's naive, but surely you don't go into a relationship questioning whether the other person should be trusted. And you don't expect the person you love to betray you at every turn.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing...

1 Comments:

At 2:17 am, Blogger Martian Anthropologist said...

People generally treat a person how they allow people to treat them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home